Skip to content


The earliest evidence of Methodism holding “cottage meetings” in Pinner was in 1828 (37 years after the death of the Rev’d John Wesley). The cottage or “barn” was part of a farm in Westend Lane near to Water Lane, later known as Chapel Lane, where the upper floors were converted into a chapel and used for services by Methodists.